
Reflecting back at my
time thus far in Loyola, I have realized one thing that college is a lot
different than high school. Especially, what we experience here will definitely
have a huge influence on shaping who we are as persons. Therefore, many college
students, such as myself, are trying our best to make the most out of our four-year
experiences.

However, as a
first-generation student, college is still something very new that I am still
trying to get the hang of. Fortunately, last Friday, I had the opportunity to
listen to the LUROP presentation Andy made. Personally, I think it is very
thought-provoking and beneficial. The presentation made me realize that college
is an open door where you not only learn the information, but also are able to apply
and expand the knowledge you have learned into places such as research. “Research allows you to pursue your interests, to
learn something new, to hone your problem-solving skills and to challenge
yourself in new ways.” Therefore, we should always be
sensitive to our own gravity. If any area of study attracts you, find out more
information about it. Going to college is as much about figuring out who you
really are as it is about getting that degree.

Secondly, regarding to the article “After Being Denied A Snow Day, University Of Illinois Students Respond With Racism And Sexism,” I found it quite shocking. Even though as a student, I can relate to the difficulty having to attend classes in such below zero weather. I still don’t think it is either right or necessary to take advantage of the use of social media to insult the university leader. Especially, the racist and sexist comments are absolutely unbelievable. The vulgarity in the language that they use to express their anger gave me a very bad impression as well as reputation towards the U of I students as a whole.
No comments:
Post a Comment